Hello guys and girls! Today I will talk about a sandbox game called Mount & Blade.
Mount & Blade is a good sandbox, medieval time oriented game. In this awesome game, you are able to chose from various types of weapons and equipment that you will use to fight your enemy, loot cities, raid fortresses and kill other players!
I, of course, wanted to be a general of a big army that loots cities and villages. And of course, I did so! I started with 2 men from a mission, and as I kept getting money I kept on recruiting new mercenaries! And so, after a while i had over 40 men. But as i attacked a city I noticed that my 40 men are almost useless against the 120+ enemy units, hehe.
Money is rather easy to gain, but you spend it very fast as well. You need to pay your soldiers once a month for following you and aiding you in battles. They do not need much (my 40+ men wanted only 250 gold a month) but when you combine that, plus new recruits and then plus the new equipment you need and some food, you realize that you need more money then what you thought you need.
If you can't afford War of the Roses, this is definitely the great game that will make you satisfied!
- NPC's move and battle by themselves.
- A lot of campaign options to make your fame and name grow.
- NPC's loot villages and cities around you. Even the villages that you gained quests from can be destroyed before you complete the quest.
- A lot of weapons and armors to chose from.
- Large multi-player battles.
- A lot of active multi-player servers and players.
- Great maps and game modes for multi-player.
- A bit outdated graphic.
- Very hard aiming while on a horse.
- A lot of multi-player servers have made the game much easier then it should be.
With all that said, I really hope that you will look into it if you want to play a great medieval fighting game that doesn't require a lot of time, and is still very fun to play and is very enjoyable.
If you want, you can contact me over Steam to play a round or a few of them with me! I would love to, hehe.
Thank you, once again Paradox Interactive, for giving me a chance to play this awesome and very fun game!