Thursday, May 1, 2014

Game Review: Goat Simulator

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!
Today I'll review one simulator. Before we start, I want to tell you that my girlfriend June has goats. And I can tell you that this simulator is very accurate. If goats were able to do all this, I guarantee they would!


A bit about the game and developers.
Goat Simulator has been developed by Coffee Stain Studios. Coffee Stain Studios are a well known developing and publishing company. They are publishing games like Sanctum, Sanctum 2, and few more.

About Gameplay.
In Goat Simulator you are a goat. But a.. Special goat. And by that I do not mean a window licking special goat. I mean the goat which has superpowers. The goat which uses the power of her tongue to kill people, lick fruit, lick random objects, lick a car and sticks herself to it, and of course, drag other dead goats around.

Some people take this game too seriously. I've heard people complain about this game not being  fun, addicting, not being an actual game and so on and on. But you see, this game is actually a game that you get if you want to just play something for a short while. Something that will make you laugh and not regret the money you spent on it. Something that is actually very fun. I mean, who wouldn't want to become a demonic goat queen with a jet pack on your back? Come on, think about it. You do. Admit it. Well this game lets you do that!

Not only that, but in Goat Simulator you can actually get into some houses and trash things around. You can get a baseball gun (I'm sorry but I really don't know how is that thing called) and shoot people with it. You could even lick a car and drive around. Or maybe you want to be a nice goat and just roam around and explore? Sure, you can do that. You can walk around the land, play Flappy Goat, jump on trampoline, visit a goat hedge or join a crowd which wants to stop a penis shaped food.

Controls are very simple in this game. There are very few keys in the game, and every loading screen tells you which buttons to use to do what. There is no need for actual tutorial in Goat Simulator. Coffee Stain Studios has announced that Goat Simulator will have multiplayer so I expect that to be very fun too. They announced a local split screen multiplayer, so I am having my doubts, but we will see where that leads to.

Graphic and Audio.
This game has surprised me. The graphic level of this game is amazing. The detail that was put into grass, trees, goats, the tongue and pretty much everything in this game is just amazing. I was very impressed! Audio in the game gets very repeatable but it is still quite fun to listen to, so I never had the urge to actually turn it off.

Pros, cons and final grade.
Pros:
- You are a goat.
- Jet pack.
- Game allows mods.
- Ability to become a Demonic Goat Queen with a Jet Pack.
- Free upcoming multiplayer.
- Cheap.

Cons:
- The player loses interests after about six hours of game play.
- Very small map.

Final Grade: 8/10

Extra Info: If you want to buy a game that is very simple, yet extremely fun, you should definitely get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment