Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Game Review: Mass Effect 3

Hello Ladies and Gentleman! Today I'll bring you a long awaited (well not really, but I'm excited!) review of Mass Effect 3!

A bit about the game and developers.
Mass Effect was developed by BioWare, and published by ElectronicArts (EA Games). Mass Effect 3 is a final game of it's series, Which was, in my opinion, put up very well!

About Gameplay.
Just as any other Mass Effect game, your game is being developed by what you chose to do or not to do. Everything that you do or not do matters. For example, if a military camp is asking for your assistance and you ignore them, they might die a bit later, and therefore you will lose a bit of the army that you need to require to save the universe.

Player's main mission in Mass Effect 3 is to build up a big army so you could fight the Reapers and send them back to.. Well where ever they came from!  To find army you need to be helping outlaws, academy students, humans, aliens.. Even chose which races you want to left alive to help you, while watching other ones burn. On that long journey you come across all of your old friends that were alive in your previous games. Now, I made a stupid mistake. I've deleted Mass Effect 2 from my game a long time ago, and with that I lost my saved data. Because of that I didn't see 90% of my crew, and the other 10% either died because I "didn't play previous games" or they didn't even want to talk to me. So before playing ME3, make sure to have your ME and ME2 save files!

As your character progresses in the game by leveling up, you get skill points which then you can use on different skills. Skills such as extra bombs, shield, stronger melee attacks and so on and on. There are also various types of weapons which you can unlock by finding them through your gameplay. You can then "mod" your weapon with what ever you've found, giving it stronger attacks. On the other hand, you can also find many different armors which give you different boosts.

Awesome thing about Mass Effect 3 that really makes the game amazing is that Mass Effect 3 has a multiplayer. Sadly only 4 people can in the same time. And I wouldn't really call it a multiplayer. I'd rather call it co-op. All you have to do is survive 10 waves of enemy units. It sounds easy but it's quite hard. There are a lot of different classes in multiplayer (all classes that you see in single player) and it's a very good idea to combine them to beat the co-op.

In multiplayer there isn't much customization. You can customize how does your armor look like, but that's it. There are no different armors to unlock. You can, though, unlock different races and weapons. And you unlock them by gathering credits as you play (you earn them by playing multiplayer) and then spending the credits in ingame shop. Sadly, everything you buy is random. So you can't chose what you want. You have to pay a box and then pray that you get something good.

Graphic and Audio
Honestly, graphic did disappoint me a bit. It looks almost same as Mass Effect 2, even though it's a "brand new game". And characters run quite funny. But other than that, the graphic is very good. Music on the other hand is amazing. There are two songs that I just can't stop listening non-stop.

Pros, cons and final grade.
- Multiplayer!
- Amazing storyline!
- Amazing ending!
- Choices of who lives and who dies.

- All the randomness in multiplayer.
- Characters run funny.

Final Grade: 8/10

Extra info: Even though I'm a big fan of Mass Effect series and Mass Effect 3 is one of my favorite games, i couldn't not notice the character's run and the stupid randomness in multiplayer. This game is definitely a must have for anyone who likes Mass Effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment